Ex-EA bosses form Sledgehammer for Activision
Former EA big-wigs Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey left the publisher back in the summer, jumping ship to side with Activision as part of a major coup for the rival firm.
We today hear what this pair of executives having been working on, the Visceral bosses creating new studio Sledgehammer Games. Schofield will be vice president and general manager, while Condrey is set to serve as vice president and COO.
"Activision Blizzard's independent studio model is very empowering. We have a fantastic new studio facility, the foundation for a world-class team and the backing of the industry's most profitable game publisher," Condrey offers.
"This was a rare opportunity we couldn't pass up and we are thankful for the support the Activision organization has shown us."
We'll hopefully have some actual games news soon.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light