Ex-EA bosses form Sledgehammer for Activision
Former EA big-wigs Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey left the publisher back in the summer, jumping ship to side with Activision as part of a major coup for the rival firm.
We today hear what this pair of executives having been working on, the Visceral bosses creating new studio Sledgehammer Games. Schofield will be vice president and general manager, while Condrey is set to serve as vice president and COO.
"Activision Blizzard's independent studio model is very empowering. We have a fantastic new studio facility, the foundation for a world-class team and the backing of the industry's most profitable game publisher," Condrey offers.
"This was a rare opportunity we couldn't pass up and we are thankful for the support the Activision organization has shown us."
We'll hopefully have some actual games news soon.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May