Ex-EA bosses form Sledgehammer for Activision
Former EA big-wigs Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey left the publisher back in the summer, jumping ship to side with Activision as part of a major coup for the rival firm.
We today hear what this pair of executives having been working on, the Visceral bosses creating new studio Sledgehammer Games. Schofield will be vice president and general manager, while Condrey is set to serve as vice president and COO.
"Activision Blizzard's independent studio model is very empowering. We have a fantastic new studio facility, the foundation for a world-class team and the backing of the industry's most profitable game publisher," Condrey offers.
"This was a rare opportunity we couldn't pass up and we are thankful for the support the Activision organization has shown us."
We'll hopefully have some actual games news soon.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III