Ex-EA bosses form Sledgehammer for Activision
Former EA big-wigs Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey left the publisher back in the summer, jumping ship to side with Activision as part of a major coup for the rival firm.
We today hear what this pair of executives having been working on, the Visceral bosses creating new studio Sledgehammer Games. Schofield will be vice president and general manager, while Condrey is set to serve as vice president and COO.
"Activision Blizzard's independent studio model is very empowering. We have a fantastic new studio facility, the foundation for a world-class team and the backing of the industry's most profitable game publisher," Condrey offers.
"This was a rare opportunity we couldn't pass up and we are thankful for the support the Activision organization has shown us."
We'll hopefully have some actual games news soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year