Ex-EA bosses form Sledgehammer for Activision
Former EA big-wigs Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey left the publisher back in the summer, jumping ship to side with Activision as part of a major coup for the rival firm.
We today hear what this pair of executives having been working on, the Visceral bosses creating new studio Sledgehammer Games. Schofield will be vice president and general manager, while Condrey is set to serve as vice president and COO.
"Activision Blizzard's independent studio model is very empowering. We have a fantastic new studio facility, the foundation for a world-class team and the backing of the industry's most profitable game publisher," Condrey offers.
"This was a rare opportunity we couldn't pass up and we are thankful for the support the Activision organization has shown us."
We'll hopefully have some actual games news soon.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes