City and characters key to next GTA
The city and its characters, will be key to the pre-development phase of any prospective 'Grand Theft Auto V'. That's the word in from Rockstar boss Dan Houser.
Speaking with The Times, he said a decision would have to be made on lead characters and location before development could begin in earnest - the Stories from Liberty City manual hinting at new direction for the next game in the series.
"We'll think of a city first, then the characters," Houser said in the new interview (thanks VG247).
On the Manhunt controversy, he added: "Manhunt 2 was not a good situation. When a game gets banned, it means we're not doing our first job, of making the investors back their money."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title