City and characters key to next GTA
The city and its characters, will be key to the pre-development phase of any prospective 'Grand Theft Auto V'. That's the word in from Rockstar boss Dan Houser.
Speaking with The Times, he said a decision would have to be made on lead characters and location before development could begin in earnest - the Stories from Liberty City manual hinting at new direction for the next game in the series.
"We'll think of a city first, then the characters," Houser said in the new interview (thanks VG247).
On the Manhunt controversy, he added: "Manhunt 2 was not a good situation. When a game gets banned, it means we're not doing our first job, of making the investors back their money."
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below