City and characters key to next GTA
The city and its characters, will be key to the pre-development phase of any prospective 'Grand Theft Auto V'. That's the word in from Rockstar boss Dan Houser.
Speaking with The Times, he said a decision would have to be made on lead characters and location before development could begin in earnest - the Stories from Liberty City manual hinting at new direction for the next game in the series.
"We'll think of a city first, then the characters," Houser said in the new interview (thanks VG247).
On the Manhunt controversy, he added: "Manhunt 2 was not a good situation. When a game gets banned, it means we're not doing our first job, of making the investors back their money."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015