NPD figures show declining US sales
The release of a number of big name releases, such as Halo 3: ODST and Uncharted 2, during October was not enough to prevent gaming sales falling in the United States.
During the period in question, sales dropped some 19 percent over the same month in 2008, sales of 1.32 billion USD plummeting to 1.07 billion USD.
Hardware accounted for a lot of this drop, down 23 percent, while games sales were also off some 18 percent.
Numbers for the entire year could come out roughly flat, we're told, NPD's Anita Frazier offering that "based on typical industry seasonality, the industry is on track to generate full-year revenues in the range of 20-21 billion USD in the US, which would put it just a bit below last year's sales of 21.3 billion USD."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III