NPD figures show declining US sales
The release of a number of big name releases, such as Halo 3: ODST and Uncharted 2, during October was not enough to prevent gaming sales falling in the United States.
During the period in question, sales dropped some 19 percent over the same month in 2008, sales of 1.32 billion USD plummeting to 1.07 billion USD.
Hardware accounted for a lot of this drop, down 23 percent, while games sales were also off some 18 percent.
Numbers for the entire year could come out roughly flat, we're told, NPD's Anita Frazier offering that "based on typical industry seasonality, the industry is on track to generate full-year revenues in the range of 20-21 billion USD in the US, which would put it just a bit below last year's sales of 21.3 billion USD."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey