NPD figures show declining US sales
The release of a number of big name releases, such as Halo 3: ODST and Uncharted 2, during October was not enough to prevent gaming sales falling in the United States.
During the period in question, sales dropped some 19 percent over the same month in 2008, sales of 1.32 billion USD plummeting to 1.07 billion USD.
Hardware accounted for a lot of this drop, down 23 percent, while games sales were also off some 18 percent.
Numbers for the entire year could come out roughly flat, we're told, NPD's Anita Frazier offering that "based on typical industry seasonality, the industry is on track to generate full-year revenues in the range of 20-21 billion USD in the US, which would put it just a bit below last year's sales of 21.3 billion USD."
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too