NPD figures show declining US sales
The release of a number of big name releases, such as Halo 3: ODST and Uncharted 2, during October was not enough to prevent gaming sales falling in the United States.
During the period in question, sales dropped some 19 percent over the same month in 2008, sales of 1.32 billion USD plummeting to 1.07 billion USD.
Hardware accounted for a lot of this drop, down 23 percent, while games sales were also off some 18 percent.
Numbers for the entire year could come out roughly flat, we're told, NPD's Anita Frazier offering that "based on typical industry seasonality, the industry is on track to generate full-year revenues in the range of 20-21 billion USD in the US, which would put it just a bit below last year's sales of 21.3 billion USD."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date