NPD figures show declining US sales
The release of a number of big name releases, such as Halo 3: ODST and Uncharted 2, during October was not enough to prevent gaming sales falling in the United States.
During the period in question, sales dropped some 19 percent over the same month in 2008, sales of 1.32 billion USD plummeting to 1.07 billion USD.
Hardware accounted for a lot of this drop, down 23 percent, while games sales were also off some 18 percent.
Numbers for the entire year could come out roughly flat, we're told, NPD's Anita Frazier offering that "based on typical industry seasonality, the industry is on track to generate full-year revenues in the range of 20-21 billion USD in the US, which would put it just a bit below last year's sales of 21.3 billion USD."
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week