Natal better than AIDS vaccine, says Time
Time magazine has released its list of 2009's fifty greatest inventions and Microsoft's Project Natal has received a fairly high ranking.
Time listed controller-free gaming as the number five best invention of the year. This brings it in at a respectably high spot, just above the invention of teleportation and just below the smart thermostat.
Among other inventions that Natal beat out are such things as the AIDS vaccine, which released its test results just a few weeks ago, the electric eye, vertical farming and the twenty dollar knee.
Can Natal really stack up to this kind of hype? We still won't really know until late 2010, but we will keep you updated as more develops.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3