Natal better than AIDS vaccine, says Time
Time magazine has released its list of 2009's fifty greatest inventions and Microsoft's Project Natal has received a fairly high ranking.
Time listed controller-free gaming as the number five best invention of the year. This brings it in at a respectably high spot, just above the invention of teleportation and just below the smart thermostat.
Among other inventions that Natal beat out are such things as the AIDS vaccine, which released its test results just a few weeks ago, the electric eye, vertical farming and the twenty dollar knee.
Can Natal really stack up to this kind of hype? We still won't really know until late 2010, but we will keep you updated as more develops.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today