Natal better than AIDS vaccine, says Time
Time magazine has released its list of 2009's fifty greatest inventions and Microsoft's Project Natal has received a fairly high ranking.
Time listed controller-free gaming as the number five best invention of the year. This brings it in at a respectably high spot, just above the invention of teleportation and just below the smart thermostat.
Among other inventions that Natal beat out are such things as the AIDS vaccine, which released its test results just a few weeks ago, the electric eye, vertical farming and the twenty dollar knee.
Can Natal really stack up to this kind of hype? We still won't really know until late 2010, but we will keep you updated as more develops.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft