Natal better than AIDS vaccine, says Time
Time magazine has released its list of 2009's fifty greatest inventions and Microsoft's Project Natal has received a fairly high ranking.
Time listed controller-free gaming as the number five best invention of the year. This brings it in at a respectably high spot, just above the invention of teleportation and just below the smart thermostat.
Among other inventions that Natal beat out are such things as the AIDS vaccine, which released its test results just a few weeks ago, the electric eye, vertical farming and the twenty dollar knee.
Can Natal really stack up to this kind of hype? We still won't really know until late 2010, but we will keep you updated as more develops.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below