Xbox Live getting social features next week
The long awaited Xbox Live update, adding Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm functionality will be hitting the 360 console next week - Microsoft have confirmed.
Speaking to FastCompany, general manager Marc Whitten moots the release of these new tools on November 17th.
"We look at things like Facebook and Twitter as amazing social experiences, but also entertainment. We didn't want to copy and paste from the PC," Whitten comments.
"It's going to be great for current users, but it's also great for new users who can see who is on Facebook and get their first 30 friends on Live."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title