Xbox Live getting social features next week
The long awaited Xbox Live update, adding Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm functionality will be hitting the 360 console next week - Microsoft have confirmed.
Speaking to FastCompany, general manager Marc Whitten moots the release of these new tools on November 17th.
"We look at things like Facebook and Twitter as amazing social experiences, but also entertainment. We didn't want to copy and paste from the PC," Whitten comments.
"It's going to be great for current users, but it's also great for new users who can see who is on Facebook and get their first 30 friends on Live."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer