Xbox Live getting social features next week
The long awaited Xbox Live update, adding Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm functionality will be hitting the 360 console next week - Microsoft have confirmed.
Speaking to FastCompany, general manager Marc Whitten moots the release of these new tools on November 17th.
"We look at things like Facebook and Twitter as amazing social experiences, but also entertainment. We didn't want to copy and paste from the PC," Whitten comments.
"It's going to be great for current users, but it's also great for new users who can see who is on Facebook and get their first 30 friends on Live."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today