Modern Warfare 2 breaks UK records
Activision and Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 has broken first-day UK sales records, Chart-Track announcing that the game has already sold 1.23 million copies.
Apparently, this sees the game double the previous record, set by Grand Theft Auto IV, which sold 631,000 copies on its first day.
The grand day one total is 1,230,588 copies - one in 24 UK homes having bought the title on average.
The game could sell five million copies worldwide this week. More soon.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year