Modern Warfare 2 breaks UK records
Activision and Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 has broken first-day UK sales records, Chart-Track announcing that the game has already sold 1.23 million copies.
Apparently, this sees the game double the previous record, set by Grand Theft Auto IV, which sold 631,000 copies on its first day.
The grand day one total is 1,230,588 copies - one in 24 UK homes having bought the title on average.
The game could sell five million copies worldwide this week. More soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer