Modern Warfare 2 breaks UK records
Activision and Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 has broken first-day UK sales records, Chart-Track announcing that the game has already sold 1.23 million copies.
Apparently, this sees the game double the previous record, set by Grand Theft Auto IV, which sold 631,000 copies on its first day.
The grand day one total is 1,230,588 copies - one in 24 UK homes having bought the title on average.
The game could sell five million copies worldwide this week. More soon.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release