Modern Warfare 2 set for new records
A number of retailers are predicting that Modern Warfare 2 is on the cusp of breaking a number of previous sales records, the title well on the way to becoming the best-selling video game in history.
According to the BBC, retailers such as Amazon and Play.com were experiencing pre-order levels 50 percent higher than Grand Theft Auto IV, the current record holder.
Indeed, in the run up to launch Play.com reveal that they were taking over 150 pre-orders of the game per hour. The Collector's Edition of the game is also said to have sold out.
In the UK, MW2 could hit one-million sales by the end of the week, with as many as 5 million sales possible globally on day one.
Three-million copies of the title have been shipped to the UK.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title