Modern Warfare 2 set for new records
A number of retailers are predicting that Modern Warfare 2 is on the cusp of breaking a number of previous sales records, the title well on the way to becoming the best-selling video game in history.
According to the BBC, retailers such as Amazon and Play.com were experiencing pre-order levels 50 percent higher than Grand Theft Auto IV, the current record holder.
Indeed, in the run up to launch Play.com reveal that they were taking over 150 pre-orders of the game per hour. The Collector's Edition of the game is also said to have sold out.
In the UK, MW2 could hit one-million sales by the end of the week, with as many as 5 million sales possible globally on day one.
Three-million copies of the title have been shipped to the UK.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3