Modern Warfare 2 set for new records
A number of retailers are predicting that Modern Warfare 2 is on the cusp of breaking a number of previous sales records, the title well on the way to becoming the best-selling video game in history.
According to the BBC, retailers such as Amazon and Play.com were experiencing pre-order levels 50 percent higher than Grand Theft Auto IV, the current record holder.
Indeed, in the run up to launch Play.com reveal that they were taking over 150 pre-orders of the game per hour. The Collector's Edition of the game is also said to have sold out.
In the UK, MW2 could hit one-million sales by the end of the week, with as many as 5 million sales possible globally on day one.
Three-million copies of the title have been shipped to the UK.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer