Modern Warfare 2 set for new records
A number of retailers are predicting that Modern Warfare 2 is on the cusp of breaking a number of previous sales records, the title well on the way to becoming the best-selling video game in history.
According to the BBC, retailers such as Amazon and Play.com were experiencing pre-order levels 50 percent higher than Grand Theft Auto IV, the current record holder.
Indeed, in the run up to launch Play.com reveal that they were taking over 150 pre-orders of the game per hour. The Collector's Edition of the game is also said to have sold out.
In the UK, MW2 could hit one-million sales by the end of the week, with as many as 5 million sales possible globally on day one.
Three-million copies of the title have been shipped to the UK.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching