Modern Warfare 2 set for new records
A number of retailers are predicting that Modern Warfare 2 is on the cusp of breaking a number of previous sales records, the title well on the way to becoming the best-selling video game in history.
According to the BBC, retailers such as Amazon and Play.com were experiencing pre-order levels 50 percent higher than Grand Theft Auto IV, the current record holder.
Indeed, in the run up to launch Play.com reveal that they were taking over 150 pre-orders of the game per hour. The Collector's Edition of the game is also said to have sold out.
In the UK, MW2 could hit one-million sales by the end of the week, with as many as 5 million sales possible globally on day one.
Three-million copies of the title have been shipped to the UK.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release