Activision call MW2 launch 'biggest ever'
An unsurprisingly buoyant Activision have described the release of Modern Warfare 2 as the "biggest entertainment launch" of all time - the firm expecting huge initial sales of the FPS.
Many UK stores opened at midnight to sell the title, while 750,000 pre-orders have been taken in Britain alone, Activision expecting first week sales of three-million units.
A glitzy premier was held in Leicester Square to celebrate the title's arrival, with celebrities including Dom Jolly, Goldie, Vernon Kay, Matthew Horne and more in attendance.
At the aftershow party, hip-hop star Dizzee Rascal performed, Activision clearly keen to push the significance of this launch beyond the typical videogames audience. There was even a "camouflage" carpet, complete with fans and cameras.
Modern Warfare 2 is out now. We'll bring you more soon.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer