Activision call MW2 launch 'biggest ever'
An unsurprisingly buoyant Activision have described the release of Modern Warfare 2 as the "biggest entertainment launch" of all time - the firm expecting huge initial sales of the FPS.
Many UK stores opened at midnight to sell the title, while 750,000 pre-orders have been taken in Britain alone, Activision expecting first week sales of three-million units.
A glitzy premier was held in Leicester Square to celebrate the title's arrival, with celebrities including Dom Jolly, Goldie, Vernon Kay, Matthew Horne and more in attendance.
At the aftershow party, hip-hop star Dizzee Rascal performed, Activision clearly keen to push the significance of this launch beyond the typical videogames audience. There was even a "camouflage" carpet, complete with fans and cameras.
Modern Warfare 2 is out now. We'll bring you more soon.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat