Activision call MW2 launch 'biggest ever'
An unsurprisingly buoyant Activision have described the release of Modern Warfare 2 as the "biggest entertainment launch" of all time - the firm expecting huge initial sales of the FPS.
Many UK stores opened at midnight to sell the title, while 750,000 pre-orders have been taken in Britain alone, Activision expecting first week sales of three-million units.
A glitzy premier was held in Leicester Square to celebrate the title's arrival, with celebrities including Dom Jolly, Goldie, Vernon Kay, Matthew Horne and more in attendance.
At the aftershow party, hip-hop star Dizzee Rascal performed, Activision clearly keen to push the significance of this launch beyond the typical videogames audience. There was even a "camouflage" carpet, complete with fans and cameras.
Modern Warfare 2 is out now. We'll bring you more soon.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title