Dead or Alive goes Ultimate
Dead or Alive Online is (appropriately) dead. Long live Dead or Alive Ultimate. This is the word filtering forth in new reports today, which inform us that Tecmo's latest in the smash-hit series will be properly titled Dead or Alive Ultimate; quite fitting given that this expansive new title will include a port of the original Saturn DoA (only ever launched in Japan), and an updated Dead or Alive 2 taking advantage of all the Xbox has to offer. The game of course features full Xbox Live support as well, and we're told it will come on two-discs courtesy of publisher Microsoft.
"The Saturn version of Dead or Alive was sold only in Japan so this will be the first time it will be released in North America while DOA2 has been completely rebuilt using the latest graphics engine from Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, ultimately making DOA2 better than our own DOA3," offered the game's creator Tomonobu Itagaki. "With the new costumes and the expansion of fighting arenas, it's reborn as a brand new game." Quite.
Microsoft's high-hopes for this new title were amply demonstrated by news of a special DoA bundle the company has planned for the Japanese launch, which will include a limited edition blue console, matching controller, seat cover, DVD playback kit, Xbox Live and of course DoA Ultimate itself. What fun!
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year