No Doubt to sue over Band Hero role
Kurt Cobain's widow - Courtney Love - was more than a bit cross about her deceased husband's role Guitar Hero 5, and now it seems No Doubt are taking aim at Activision over Band Hero too.
The Californian rockers believe the latest title in the Guitar Hero series turns them into a "karaoke circus act", and they have duly called in the lawyers.
The band's legal team claim the music game was sold to them on a fraudulent basis, and also claim "breach of contract" as the band are depicted singing other artist's songs.
"No Doubt agreed to place avatars containing their name and likeness performing three No Doubt songs in the upcoming Band Hero game of the Guitar Hero series from Activision," reads a statement this morning.
"Without the band's knowledge or approval Activision turned the group into virtual karaoke players by having them perform over 60 additional songs by other musical groups."
Thanks Rolling Stone.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date