No Doubt to sue over Band Hero role
Kurt Cobain's widow - Courtney Love - was more than a bit cross about her deceased husband's role Guitar Hero 5, and now it seems No Doubt are taking aim at Activision over Band Hero too.
The Californian rockers believe the latest title in the Guitar Hero series turns them into a "karaoke circus act", and they have duly called in the lawyers.
The band's legal team claim the music game was sold to them on a fraudulent basis, and also claim "breach of contract" as the band are depicted singing other artist's songs.
"No Doubt agreed to place avatars containing their name and likeness performing three No Doubt songs in the upcoming Band Hero game of the Guitar Hero series from Activision," reads a statement this morning.
"Without the band's knowledge or approval Activision turned the group into virtual karaoke players by having them perform over 60 additional songs by other musical groups."
Thanks Rolling Stone.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi