No Doubt to sue over Band Hero role
Kurt Cobain's widow - Courtney Love - was more than a bit cross about her deceased husband's role Guitar Hero 5, and now it seems No Doubt are taking aim at Activision over Band Hero too.
The Californian rockers believe the latest title in the Guitar Hero series turns them into a "karaoke circus act", and they have duly called in the lawyers.
The band's legal team claim the music game was sold to them on a fraudulent basis, and also claim "breach of contract" as the band are depicted singing other artist's songs.
"No Doubt agreed to place avatars containing their name and likeness performing three No Doubt songs in the upcoming Band Hero game of the Guitar Hero series from Activision," reads a statement this morning.
"Without the band's knowledge or approval Activision turned the group into virtual karaoke players by having them perform over 60 additional songs by other musical groups."
Thanks Rolling Stone.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive