No Doubt to sue over Band Hero role
Kurt Cobain's widow - Courtney Love - was more than a bit cross about her deceased husband's role Guitar Hero 5, and now it seems No Doubt are taking aim at Activision over Band Hero too.
The Californian rockers believe the latest title in the Guitar Hero series turns them into a "karaoke circus act", and they have duly called in the lawyers.
The band's legal team claim the music game was sold to them on a fraudulent basis, and also claim "breach of contract" as the band are depicted singing other artist's songs.
"No Doubt agreed to place avatars containing their name and likeness performing three No Doubt songs in the upcoming Band Hero game of the Guitar Hero series from Activision," reads a statement this morning.
"Without the band's knowledge or approval Activision turned the group into virtual karaoke players by having them perform over 60 additional songs by other musical groups."
Thanks Rolling Stone.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat