Modern Warfare 2 development aided by Twitter
Community boss Rob Bowling has told Develop that social networking tool Twitter has been key to the creation of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Twitter has apparently helped Infinity Ward keep in touch with the media and fans, as well as being useful as a platform for sounding out ideas surrounding the game.
"I try to be very transparent on Twitter with the game development and what's going on with us. I communicate with our Twitter followers the same way I'd communicate with my office buddies. So if something happens I just throw it out there and opinions come in and we converse," Bowling explains.
"Also during development, if we are sitting in a design meeting and we are arguing about something, no matter what it is I can just turn to what is now 60,000 [now 66,308] people and post the same question."
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag