Modern Warfare 2 development aided by Twitter
Community boss Rob Bowling has told Develop that social networking tool Twitter has been key to the creation of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Twitter has apparently helped Infinity Ward keep in touch with the media and fans, as well as being useful as a platform for sounding out ideas surrounding the game.
"I try to be very transparent on Twitter with the game development and what's going on with us. I communicate with our Twitter followers the same way I'd communicate with my office buddies. So if something happens I just throw it out there and opinions come in and we converse," Bowling explains.
"Also during development, if we are sitting in a design meeting and we are arguing about something, no matter what it is I can just turn to what is now 60,000 [now 66,308] people and post the same question."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date