Modern Warfare 2 development aided by Twitter
Community boss Rob Bowling has told Develop that social networking tool Twitter has been key to the creation of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Twitter has apparently helped Infinity Ward keep in touch with the media and fans, as well as being useful as a platform for sounding out ideas surrounding the game.
"I try to be very transparent on Twitter with the game development and what's going on with us. I communicate with our Twitter followers the same way I'd communicate with my office buddies. So if something happens I just throw it out there and opinions come in and we converse," Bowling explains.
"Also during development, if we are sitting in a design meeting and we are arguing about something, no matter what it is I can just turn to what is now 60,000 [now 66,308] people and post the same question."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III