Modern Warfare 2 development aided by Twitter
Community boss Rob Bowling has told Develop that social networking tool Twitter has been key to the creation of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Twitter has apparently helped Infinity Ward keep in touch with the media and fans, as well as being useful as a platform for sounding out ideas surrounding the game.
"I try to be very transparent on Twitter with the game development and what's going on with us. I communicate with our Twitter followers the same way I'd communicate with my office buddies. So if something happens I just throw it out there and opinions come in and we converse," Bowling explains.
"Also during development, if we are sitting in a design meeting and we are arguing about something, no matter what it is I can just turn to what is now 60,000 [now 66,308] people and post the same question."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3