Sky TV Player could make it to PS3
While the Sky TV Player is now up and running on the Xbox 360, Sky exec Griff Parry reveals that a similar service could one day make it to the PlayStation 3 console as well.
"I can talk generally about our desire to extend to any device that supports a good quality experience to project the content. The PS3 is clearly a device where that is possible. And so it may very well happen in the future. Having said that, we're very happy to be working with Xbox for the time being," Parry told Videogamer.
The 360 Player was pulled following intense demand at launch last week but the service is now said to be fully operational. The PS3, meanwhile, only supports the BBC's iPlayer at present.
More TV news soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3