N-Gage service closing next year
First the handset-based N-Gage format failed to set the gaming world on fire, and now Nokia's digital games service has also been culled by the Scandinavian mobile giant.
Word of the service's discontinuation emerges over the weekend, Nokia opting out just as Apple's iPhone appears to be hitting the game big-time.
"N-Gage games can be purchased until the end of September 2010. While the N-Gage.com site together with the N-Gage Arena and other community features will remain in operation throughout 2010, the Ovi Store will be the new central place for all the mobile games that Nokia and other publishers offer from this point forward. We will no longer publish new games for the N-Gage platform," reads word from the official blog.
Is this the end of Nokia's gaming ambitions, or are the firm plotting some new platform? We'll let you know more as we get it.
- Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III coming this November, skipping last-gen release
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel