N-Gage service closing next year
First the handset-based N-Gage format failed to set the gaming world on fire, and now Nokia's digital games service has also been culled by the Scandinavian mobile giant.
Word of the service's discontinuation emerges over the weekend, Nokia opting out just as Apple's iPhone appears to be hitting the game big-time.
"N-Gage games can be purchased until the end of September 2010. While the N-Gage.com site together with the N-Gage Arena and other community features will remain in operation throughout 2010, the Ovi Store will be the new central place for all the mobile games that Nokia and other publishers offer from this point forward. We will no longer publish new games for the N-Gage platform," reads word from the official blog.
Is this the end of Nokia's gaming ambitions, or are the firm plotting some new platform? We'll let you know more as we get it.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent