N-Gage service closing next year
First the handset-based N-Gage format failed to set the gaming world on fire, and now Nokia's digital games service has also been culled by the Scandinavian mobile giant.
Word of the service's discontinuation emerges over the weekend, Nokia opting out just as Apple's iPhone appears to be hitting the game big-time.
"N-Gage games can be purchased until the end of September 2010. While the N-Gage.com site together with the N-Gage Arena and other community features will remain in operation throughout 2010, the Ovi Store will be the new central place for all the mobile games that Nokia and other publishers offer from this point forward. We will no longer publish new games for the N-Gage platform," reads word from the official blog.
Is this the end of Nokia's gaming ambitions, or are the firm plotting some new platform? We'll let you know more as we get it.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III