Kojima pleasantly shocked by ZOE enthusiasm
Speaking on his blog, Konami game designer Hideo Kojima has revealed his surprise at the impassioned response to his recent Zone of the Enders chit-chat online.
The veteran game maker revealed in a previous blog post that there is an internal enthusiasm for a new game in the series at Konami, while Kojima also said that he does indeed hope to make a sequel - one day.
"The comments topped the 100 mark, and the access count reached levels of the Tokyo Game Show time. It was picked up in a variety of places, including the net and press, and spread throughout the world," he writes on the reaction this week.
Apparently, Zone of the Enders is such an enticing prospect that other Konami staffers decorated his desk in the style of the game, with developers from other teams begging to be involved. More soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3