PC downloads to count in UK chart
Plans are afoot that will see digital download sales for the PC included in future UK official chart listings, although the practice won't begin until next year we're told.
Speaking at the London Games Conference, presently underway, Chart-Track boss Dorian Bloch revealed talking about the importance of games delivered online to the system.
Given that services such as Steam and Direct 2 Drive have large international audiences, it is clear that monitoring these sales will be tougher, although Bloch did state that online sellers support the initiative and will provide weekly sales numbers.
While PC sales have been dropping as a result of competition with consoles and a rise in piracy, digital sales have bucked the trend, Steam in particular doing a roaring trade for developer Valve.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III