PC downloads to count in UK chart
Plans are afoot that will see digital download sales for the PC included in future UK official chart listings, although the practice won't begin until next year we're told.
Speaking at the London Games Conference, presently underway, Chart-Track boss Dorian Bloch revealed talking about the importance of games delivered online to the system.
Given that services such as Steam and Direct 2 Drive have large international audiences, it is clear that monitoring these sales will be tougher, although Bloch did state that online sellers support the initiative and will provide weekly sales numbers.
While PC sales have been dropping as a result of competition with consoles and a rise in piracy, digital sales have bucked the trend, Steam in particular doing a roaring trade for developer Valve.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light