PC downloads to count in UK chart
Plans are afoot that will see digital download sales for the PC included in future UK official chart listings, although the practice won't begin until next year we're told.
Speaking at the London Games Conference, presently underway, Chart-Track boss Dorian Bloch revealed talking about the importance of games delivered online to the system.
Given that services such as Steam and Direct 2 Drive have large international audiences, it is clear that monitoring these sales will be tougher, although Bloch did state that online sellers support the initiative and will provide weekly sales numbers.
While PC sales have been dropping as a result of competition with consoles and a rise in piracy, digital sales have bucked the trend, Steam in particular doing a roaring trade for developer Valve.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone