PC downloads to count in UK chart
Plans are afoot that will see digital download sales for the PC included in future UK official chart listings, although the practice won't begin until next year we're told.
Speaking at the London Games Conference, presently underway, Chart-Track boss Dorian Bloch revealed talking about the importance of games delivered online to the system.
Given that services such as Steam and Direct 2 Drive have large international audiences, it is clear that monitoring these sales will be tougher, although Bloch did state that online sellers support the initiative and will provide weekly sales numbers.
While PC sales have been dropping as a result of competition with consoles and a rise in piracy, digital sales have bucked the trend, Steam in particular doing a roaring trade for developer Valve.
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer