PC downloads to count in UK chart
Plans are afoot that will see digital download sales for the PC included in future UK official chart listings, although the practice won't begin until next year we're told.
Speaking at the London Games Conference, presently underway, Chart-Track boss Dorian Bloch revealed talking about the importance of games delivered online to the system.
Given that services such as Steam and Direct 2 Drive have large international audiences, it is clear that monitoring these sales will be tougher, although Bloch did state that online sellers support the initiative and will provide weekly sales numbers.
While PC sales have been dropping as a result of competition with consoles and a rise in piracy, digital sales have bucked the trend, Steam in particular doing a roaring trade for developer Valve.
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday