The Who: Rock Band under discussion
Chatting online about the success of The Beatles: Rock Band, The Who's Roger Daltrey has said that the veteran rock group could get their own dedicated music title in the same manner.
"The [Beatles] game, yeah, yeah, they're going to be doing a Who one next year. There is one planned. [The idea] is fabulous. Anything that gets non-musical people interested in music is wonderful. In my opinion, music is our last true great freedom," he told The Republican.
"They can burn our books, they can burn our paintings, but they can't stop us singing and making music."
Quite whether a Who video game could be as successful as The Beatles title remains unclear, as is whether the game would take the same form - or arrive as DLC instead. More on this as soon as we can get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3