Doom Classic nears iPhone release
John Carmack is something of an iPhone fan, the programming wizard having confirmed that a port of the original Doom - called Doom Classic - has been submitted for Apple's approval.
The game has taken Carmack just a matter of months to port over, and it'll no doubt be approved within a few weeks - assuming Apple don't unearth any gremlins.
Doom Classic is a faithful translation of the original game, with wi-fi multiplayer set for inclusion in the new release. Bluetooth support could also follow, if it doesn't make it in the initial version of the game.
We'll have more on this soon. Thanks Joystiq.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer