Doom Classic nears iPhone release
John Carmack is something of an iPhone fan, the programming wizard having confirmed that a port of the original Doom - called Doom Classic - has been submitted for Apple's approval.
The game has taken Carmack just a matter of months to port over, and it'll no doubt be approved within a few weeks - assuming Apple don't unearth any gremlins.
Doom Classic is a faithful translation of the original game, with wi-fi multiplayer set for inclusion in the new release. Bluetooth support could also follow, if it doesn't make it in the initial version of the game.
We'll have more on this soon. Thanks Joystiq.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year