Doom Classic nears iPhone release
John Carmack is something of an iPhone fan, the programming wizard having confirmed that a port of the original Doom - called Doom Classic - has been submitted for Apple's approval.
The game has taken Carmack just a matter of months to port over, and it'll no doubt be approved within a few weeks - assuming Apple don't unearth any gremlins.
Doom Classic is a faithful translation of the original game, with wi-fi multiplayer set for inclusion in the new release. Bluetooth support could also follow, if it doesn't make it in the initial version of the game.
We'll have more on this soon. Thanks Joystiq.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released