Doom Classic nears iPhone release
John Carmack is something of an iPhone fan, the programming wizard having confirmed that a port of the original Doom - called Doom Classic - has been submitted for Apple's approval.
The game has taken Carmack just a matter of months to port over, and it'll no doubt be approved within a few weeks - assuming Apple don't unearth any gremlins.
Doom Classic is a faithful translation of the original game, with wi-fi multiplayer set for inclusion in the new release. Bluetooth support could also follow, if it doesn't make it in the initial version of the game.
We'll have more on this soon. Thanks Joystiq.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave