Doom Classic nears iPhone release
John Carmack is something of an iPhone fan, the programming wizard having confirmed that a port of the original Doom - called Doom Classic - has been submitted for Apple's approval.
The game has taken Carmack just a matter of months to port over, and it'll no doubt be approved within a few weeks - assuming Apple don't unearth any gremlins.
Doom Classic is a faithful translation of the original game, with wi-fi multiplayer set for inclusion in the new release. Bluetooth support could also follow, if it doesn't make it in the initial version of the game.
We'll have more on this soon. Thanks Joystiq.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter