Guitar Hero a hit with the ladies
Video games may be viewed by the mainstream press as the preserve of socially inept teenage boys, but games can be a hit with the ladies too, according to word from GamePro.
According to new research from Activision, nearly a third of those playing the hit music series Guitar Hero are girls.
"A very large group really wants great guitar music, and they don't want us to confuse that," Guitar Hero boss Dan Rosensweig explains.
"And there's another group of people who love that, but also love to have more current music, more family music, music more popular for girls - 30 percent of our players are already girls, and we want that to grow. One of the great things about having a franchise like this is you can really meet all kinds of consumer demand."
Rosenweig believes the launch of DJ Hero will help lure even more female players.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light