Guitar Hero a hit with the ladies
Video games may be viewed by the mainstream press as the preserve of socially inept teenage boys, but games can be a hit with the ladies too, according to word from GamePro.
According to new research from Activision, nearly a third of those playing the hit music series Guitar Hero are girls.
"A very large group really wants great guitar music, and they don't want us to confuse that," Guitar Hero boss Dan Rosensweig explains.
"And there's another group of people who love that, but also love to have more current music, more family music, music more popular for girls - 30 percent of our players are already girls, and we want that to grow. One of the great things about having a franchise like this is you can really meet all kinds of consumer demand."
Rosenweig believes the launch of DJ Hero will help lure even more female players.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America