Guitar Hero a hit with the ladies
Video games may be viewed by the mainstream press as the preserve of socially inept teenage boys, but games can be a hit with the ladies too, according to word from GamePro.
According to new research from Activision, nearly a third of those playing the hit music series Guitar Hero are girls.
"A very large group really wants great guitar music, and they don't want us to confuse that," Guitar Hero boss Dan Rosensweig explains.
"And there's another group of people who love that, but also love to have more current music, more family music, music more popular for girls - 30 percent of our players are already girls, and we want that to grow. One of the great things about having a franchise like this is you can really meet all kinds of consumer demand."
Rosenweig believes the launch of DJ Hero will help lure even more female players.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone