PSP price confirmed
Sony Europe boss Chris Deering has been having a good old chin-wag once again, this time with industry magazine MCV concerning the pricing of the rather exciting Sony PSP. Deering suggested that the UK launch price would be "closer to £200 than £300", with the Japanese price-point of 48,000 Yen translating to about £240, or a hefty $450.
The US price-tag then will be especially interesting, given that $450 is traditionally far more than most US gamers are willing to pay for a piece of gaming hardware - though we expect it be somewhat lower than this in reality. This new pricing conjecture will however bring a smile to Nintendo's face, the GBA having already beaten more advanced but more expensive competition from the N-Gage. Not that the PSP won't be an altogether stiffer challenge you understand, but perhaps one that appeals to a somewhat older audience than Nintendo's baby.
Interesting times ahead, then.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey