DJ Hero could debut with low sales
Perhaps in an attempt to moderate expectations, RedOctane boss Kai Huang has said that sales of DJ Hero may begin slowly following the new music game's launch - this, despite Activision banking on the game opening up the genre to new players.
"We're not expecting a typical videogame curve where you sell the majority of the units in the first month and then it decays quickly. We're expecting this to be the type of game that may came out of the gate a little bit slower, but continue to grow over time," Huang, one of the original creators of the Guitar Hero series, tells IGN.
"We've got a bit of a head start, people have an understanding what music games are, it has the 'Hero' brand on it. But at the same time, people don't know what a DJ game is, they don't know what you're supposed to do. Our strategy again is to focus on in-store demos."
We'll have more on DJ Hero very soon. Thanks VG247.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey