Have handheld sales peaked?
Despite hardware revisions like the PSP Go and the Nintendo DSi, David Cole (an analyst at DFC Intelligence) suggests this morning that Sony and Nintendo handheld sales may have peaked.
Suggesting that previous sales levels were about as good as they can get, Cole explains that he expects to see Apple devices leading growth over the next couple of years.
"The dedicated portable game systems from companies like Nintendo and Sony are still expected to lead the [handheld] market, but it appears growth for these devices has peaked," Cole offered to GI.biz.
"The platforms from Apple are expected to be responsible for the bulk of market growth over the next few years."
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below