Have handheld sales peaked?
Despite hardware revisions like the PSP Go and the Nintendo DSi, David Cole (an analyst at DFC Intelligence) suggests this morning that Sony and Nintendo handheld sales may have peaked.
Suggesting that previous sales levels were about as good as they can get, Cole explains that he expects to see Apple devices leading growth over the next couple of years.
"The dedicated portable game systems from companies like Nintendo and Sony are still expected to lead the [handheld] market, but it appears growth for these devices has peaked," Cole offered to GI.biz.
"The platforms from Apple are expected to be responsible for the bulk of market growth over the next few years."
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free