Have handheld sales peaked?
Despite hardware revisions like the PSP Go and the Nintendo DSi, David Cole (an analyst at DFC Intelligence) suggests this morning that Sony and Nintendo handheld sales may have peaked.
Suggesting that previous sales levels were about as good as they can get, Cole explains that he expects to see Apple devices leading growth over the next couple of years.
"The dedicated portable game systems from companies like Nintendo and Sony are still expected to lead the [handheld] market, but it appears growth for these devices has peaked," Cole offered to GI.biz.
"The platforms from Apple are expected to be responsible for the bulk of market growth over the next few years."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer