Have handheld sales peaked?
Despite hardware revisions like the PSP Go and the Nintendo DSi, David Cole (an analyst at DFC Intelligence) suggests this morning that Sony and Nintendo handheld sales may have peaked.
Suggesting that previous sales levels were about as good as they can get, Cole explains that he expects to see Apple devices leading growth over the next couple of years.
"The dedicated portable game systems from companies like Nintendo and Sony are still expected to lead the [handheld] market, but it appears growth for these devices has peaked," Cole offered to GI.biz.
"The platforms from Apple are expected to be responsible for the bulk of market growth over the next few years."
- Deep Down to be a no-show at this year's Tokyo Games Show
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon