Have handheld sales peaked?
Despite hardware revisions like the PSP Go and the Nintendo DSi, David Cole (an analyst at DFC Intelligence) suggests this morning that Sony and Nintendo handheld sales may have peaked.
Suggesting that previous sales levels were about as good as they can get, Cole explains that he expects to see Apple devices leading growth over the next couple of years.
"The dedicated portable game systems from companies like Nintendo and Sony are still expected to lead the [handheld] market, but it appears growth for these devices has peaked," Cole offered to GI.biz.
"The platforms from Apple are expected to be responsible for the bulk of market growth over the next few years."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey