Fable 3 will include micro-transactions
We're gradually starting to build a picture of what Fable 3 will look like at launch, Peter Molyneux revealing a few new details on the RPG sequel during a BAFTA lecture yesterday.
Having confirmed that the new game will offer support for the Natal motion control system, he went on to say that the game will also boast a micro-transaction based in-game shop.
Items like swords will be sold, perhaps for about a pound each, while the shop will also offer access to new areas of the game world for larger sums.
Molyneux was quick to state that this is all conjecture at present, although it does hint at a larger role for online play - perhaps even with a shift away from the usual business model.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday