Fable 3 will include micro-transactions
We're gradually starting to build a picture of what Fable 3 will look like at launch, Peter Molyneux revealing a few new details on the RPG sequel during a BAFTA lecture yesterday.
Having confirmed that the new game will offer support for the Natal motion control system, he went on to say that the game will also boast a micro-transaction based in-game shop.
Items like swords will be sold, perhaps for about a pound each, while the shop will also offer access to new areas of the game world for larger sums.
Molyneux was quick to state that this is all conjecture at present, although it does hint at a larger role for online play - perhaps even with a shift away from the usual business model.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny