Fable 3 will include micro-transactions
We're gradually starting to build a picture of what Fable 3 will look like at launch, Peter Molyneux revealing a few new details on the RPG sequel during a BAFTA lecture yesterday.
Having confirmed that the new game will offer support for the Natal motion control system, he went on to say that the game will also boast a micro-transaction based in-game shop.
Items like swords will be sold, perhaps for about a pound each, while the shop will also offer access to new areas of the game world for larger sums.
Molyneux was quick to state that this is all conjecture at present, although it does hint at a larger role for online play - perhaps even with a shift away from the usual business model.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent