New world record for GTA IV player
A 26 year-old Indian chap named Chirantan Patnaik has earned himself a new Guinness world record, for the longest ever continual play-session of Rockstar's open-world smash Grand Theft Auto IV.
The avid games player undertook the challenge at the offices of blog NeuralChaos.com, notching up 40 hours and 20 minutes between September the 4th an the 6th.
The previous record was set by an American chap who played the game for over 28 hours - but Patnaik smashed this using running and yoga according to reports.
The record was set on a PlayStation 3 version of the game.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer