New world record for GTA IV player
A 26 year-old Indian chap named Chirantan Patnaik has earned himself a new Guinness world record, for the longest ever continual play-session of Rockstar's open-world smash Grand Theft Auto IV.
The avid games player undertook the challenge at the offices of blog NeuralChaos.com, notching up 40 hours and 20 minutes between September the 4th an the 6th.
The previous record was set by an American chap who played the game for over 28 hours - but Patnaik smashed this using running and yoga according to reports.
The record was set on a PlayStation 3 version of the game.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015