New world record for GTA IV player
A 26 year-old Indian chap named Chirantan Patnaik has earned himself a new Guinness world record, for the longest ever continual play-session of Rockstar's open-world smash Grand Theft Auto IV.
The avid games player undertook the challenge at the offices of blog NeuralChaos.com, notching up 40 hours and 20 minutes between September the 4th an the 6th.
The previous record was set by an American chap who played the game for over 28 hours - but Patnaik smashed this using running and yoga according to reports.
The record was set on a PlayStation 3 version of the game.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny