Massive Entertainment wanted to make The Division as accessible as possible but PS3 and Xbox 360 couldn't handle it
Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment has been talking The Division and what they want to achieve with it.
It is currently the third next-gen only game that Ubisoft has in production alongside The Crew and Assassin's Creed: Unity and Massive's Fredrik Rundqvist believes that The Division is only possible on next-gen and PC hardware.
While this may limit the game's sales somewhat, they are confident with the rates at which the PS4 and Xbox One are selling that The Division will be a hit.
"If you look at the [sales] trends for PS4 and Xbox One, I think it looks really encouraging,” Rundqvist added. “It’s selling faster than last-gen, which is surprising to me. I don’t mind at all [that The Division] is coming out next year. There will be more people who can enjoy the game."
The Division isn't due out until 2015 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Thanks The Examiner.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny