Massive Entertainment wanted to make The Division as accessible as possible but PS3 and Xbox 360 couldn't handle it
Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment has been talking The Division and what they want to achieve with it.
It is currently the third next-gen only game that Ubisoft has in production alongside The Crew and Assassin's Creed: Unity and Massive's Fredrik Rundqvist believes that The Division is only possible on next-gen and PC hardware.
While this may limit the game's sales somewhat, they are confident with the rates at which the PS4 and Xbox One are selling that The Division will be a hit.
"If you look at the [sales] trends for PS4 and Xbox One, I think it looks really encouraging,” Rundqvist added. “It’s selling faster than last-gen, which is surprising to me. I don’t mind at all [that The Division] is coming out next year. There will be more people who can enjoy the game."
The Division isn't due out until 2015 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Thanks The Examiner.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer