Massive Entertainment wanted to make The Division as accessible as possible but PS3 and Xbox 360 couldn't handle it
Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment has been talking The Division and what they want to achieve with it.
It is currently the third next-gen only game that Ubisoft has in production alongside The Crew and Assassin's Creed: Unity and Massive's Fredrik Rundqvist believes that The Division is only possible on next-gen and PC hardware.
While this may limit the game's sales somewhat, they are confident with the rates at which the PS4 and Xbox One are selling that The Division will be a hit.
"If you look at the [sales] trends for PS4 and Xbox One, I think it looks really encouraging,” Rundqvist added. “It’s selling faster than last-gen, which is surprising to me. I don’t mind at all [that The Division] is coming out next year. There will be more people who can enjoy the game."
The Division isn't due out until 2015 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Thanks The Examiner.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3