Massive Entertainment wanted to make The Division as accessible as possible but PS3 and Xbox 360 couldn't handle it
Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment has been talking The Division and what they want to achieve with it.
It is currently the third next-gen only game that Ubisoft has in production alongside The Crew and Assassin's Creed: Unity and Massive's Fredrik Rundqvist believes that The Division is only possible on next-gen and PC hardware.
While this may limit the game's sales somewhat, they are confident with the rates at which the PS4 and Xbox One are selling that The Division will be a hit.
"If you look at the [sales] trends for PS4 and Xbox One, I think it looks really encouraging,” Rundqvist added. “It’s selling faster than last-gen, which is surprising to me. I don’t mind at all [that The Division] is coming out next year. There will be more people who can enjoy the game."
The Division isn't due out until 2015 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Thanks The Examiner.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light