Massive Entertainment wanted to make The Division as accessible as possible but PS3 and Xbox 360 couldn't handle it
Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment has been talking The Division and what they want to achieve with it.
It is currently the third next-gen only game that Ubisoft has in production alongside The Crew and Assassin's Creed: Unity and Massive's Fredrik Rundqvist believes that The Division is only possible on next-gen and PC hardware.
While this may limit the game's sales somewhat, they are confident with the rates at which the PS4 and Xbox One are selling that The Division will be a hit.
"If you look at the [sales] trends for PS4 and Xbox One, I think it looks really encouraging,” Rundqvist added. “It’s selling faster than last-gen, which is surprising to me. I don’t mind at all [that The Division] is coming out next year. There will be more people who can enjoy the game."
The Division isn't due out until 2015 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Thanks The Examiner.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014