MTV claim victory with The Beatles
The latest NPD sales figures are only just with us and already the bickering is starting, MTV talking up the success of The Beatles: Rock Band over rival music release Guitar Hero 5.
"We outsold them two-to-one on a revenue basis and we outperformed on a unit basis as well, despite the fact that they had an eight-day advantage, and were giving away free software," railed MTV Games general manager Scott Guthrie according to Gamasutra.
"At the end of the day, The Beatles: Rock Band clearly outperformed them, and were not done yet. We're anticipating a very successful holiday period."
Guthrie goes on to express his surprise at Guitar Hero 5's use of Van Halen tracks - which are now free despite originally being planned as 'premium' downloads.
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergame
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense