MTV claim victory with The Beatles
The latest NPD sales figures are only just with us and already the bickering is starting, MTV talking up the success of The Beatles: Rock Band over rival music release Guitar Hero 5.
"We outsold them two-to-one on a revenue basis and we outperformed on a unit basis as well, despite the fact that they had an eight-day advantage, and were giving away free software," railed MTV Games general manager Scott Guthrie according to Gamasutra.
"At the end of the day, The Beatles: Rock Band clearly outperformed them, and were not done yet. We're anticipating a very successful holiday period."
Guthrie goes on to express his surprise at Guitar Hero 5's use of Van Halen tracks - which are now free despite originally being planned as 'premium' downloads.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year