MTV claim victory with The Beatles
The latest NPD sales figures are only just with us and already the bickering is starting, MTV talking up the success of The Beatles: Rock Band over rival music release Guitar Hero 5.
"We outsold them two-to-one on a revenue basis and we outperformed on a unit basis as well, despite the fact that they had an eight-day advantage, and were giving away free software," railed MTV Games general manager Scott Guthrie according to Gamasutra.
"At the end of the day, The Beatles: Rock Band clearly outperformed them, and were not done yet. We're anticipating a very successful holiday period."
Guthrie goes on to express his surprise at Guitar Hero 5's use of Van Halen tracks - which are now free despite originally being planned as 'premium' downloads.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto