MTV claim victory with The Beatles
The latest NPD sales figures are only just with us and already the bickering is starting, MTV talking up the success of The Beatles: Rock Band over rival music release Guitar Hero 5.
"We outsold them two-to-one on a revenue basis and we outperformed on a unit basis as well, despite the fact that they had an eight-day advantage, and were giving away free software," railed MTV Games general manager Scott Guthrie according to Gamasutra.
"At the end of the day, The Beatles: Rock Band clearly outperformed them, and were not done yet. We're anticipating a very successful holiday period."
Guthrie goes on to express his surprise at Guitar Hero 5's use of Van Halen tracks - which are now free despite originally being planned as 'premium' downloads.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side