MTV claim victory with The Beatles
The latest NPD sales figures are only just with us and already the bickering is starting, MTV talking up the success of The Beatles: Rock Band over rival music release Guitar Hero 5.
"We outsold them two-to-one on a revenue basis and we outperformed on a unit basis as well, despite the fact that they had an eight-day advantage, and were giving away free software," railed MTV Games general manager Scott Guthrie according to Gamasutra.
"At the end of the day, The Beatles: Rock Band clearly outperformed them, and were not done yet. We're anticipating a very successful holiday period."
Guthrie goes on to express his surprise at Guitar Hero 5's use of Van Halen tracks - which are now free despite originally being planned as 'premium' downloads.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching