Peter Moore: Physical discs not disappearing yet
Chatting in Berkeley at the Play conference, EA Sports boss Peter Moore has assured that disc-based video game releases are to remain the mainstay of the industry for some years to come.
While digital distribution may be on the rise, Moore tells the California gathering that physical releases will be the main event for "at least a decade".
"[The industry is] at least a decade away from saying goodbye to a physical disc. The more important question is what does the next generation of console look like," Moore offers.
He went on to predict that Microsoft will lead the way with digital distribution, which could begin with the next-generation of hardware. Thanks Kotaku.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One