Peter Moore: Physical discs not disappearing yet
Chatting in Berkeley at the Play conference, EA Sports boss Peter Moore has assured that disc-based video game releases are to remain the mainstay of the industry for some years to come.
While digital distribution may be on the rise, Moore tells the California gathering that physical releases will be the main event for "at least a decade".
"[The industry is] at least a decade away from saying goodbye to a physical disc. The more important question is what does the next generation of console look like," Moore offers.
He went on to predict that Microsoft will lead the way with digital distribution, which could begin with the next-generation of hardware. Thanks Kotaku.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year