Peter Moore: Physical discs not disappearing yet
Chatting in Berkeley at the Play conference, EA Sports boss Peter Moore has assured that disc-based video game releases are to remain the mainstay of the industry for some years to come.
While digital distribution may be on the rise, Moore tells the California gathering that physical releases will be the main event for "at least a decade".
"[The industry is] at least a decade away from saying goodbye to a physical disc. The more important question is what does the next generation of console look like," Moore offers.
He went on to predict that Microsoft will lead the way with digital distribution, which could begin with the next-generation of hardware. Thanks Kotaku.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan