Peter Moore: Physical discs not disappearing yet
Chatting in Berkeley at the Play conference, EA Sports boss Peter Moore has assured that disc-based video game releases are to remain the mainstay of the industry for some years to come.
While digital distribution may be on the rise, Moore tells the California gathering that physical releases will be the main event for "at least a decade".
"[The industry is] at least a decade away from saying goodbye to a physical disc. The more important question is what does the next generation of console look like," Moore offers.
He went on to predict that Microsoft will lead the way with digital distribution, which could begin with the next-generation of hardware. Thanks Kotaku.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May