Peter Moore: Physical discs not disappearing yet
Chatting in Berkeley at the Play conference, EA Sports boss Peter Moore has assured that disc-based video game releases are to remain the mainstay of the industry for some years to come.
While digital distribution may be on the rise, Moore tells the California gathering that physical releases will be the main event for "at least a decade".
"[The industry is] at least a decade away from saying goodbye to a physical disc. The more important question is what does the next generation of console look like," Moore offers.
He went on to predict that Microsoft will lead the way with digital distribution, which could begin with the next-generation of hardware. Thanks Kotaku.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light