Pirates get Xbox Live bans
Those having acquired slippery, early code for games like Borderlands and Forza 3 are seemingly in trouble, those caught playing pirated copies online facing Xbox Live bans from Microsoft.
"You know, when you play a pre-release title on Live when I know you shouldn't have it, it's not hard for me to figure out," Xbox Live Director of Policy and Enforcement Stephen Toulouse told Twitter, with bans confirmed.
On the subject of games bought early at retail, the director adds: "Don't worry folks, anyone who bought a copy early is okay. In general, if you got a receipt, play away. These are illegit copies were hitting."
No Xbox Live for you, naughty pirates.
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 boxart appears online
- 4A Games boss speaks of sorrow as the studio relocates from Ukraine to Malta
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One