Pirates get Xbox Live bans
Those having acquired slippery, early code for games like Borderlands and Forza 3 are seemingly in trouble, those caught playing pirated copies online facing Xbox Live bans from Microsoft.
"You know, when you play a pre-release title on Live when I know you shouldn't have it, it's not hard for me to figure out," Xbox Live Director of Policy and Enforcement Stephen Toulouse told Twitter, with bans confirmed.
On the subject of games bought early at retail, the director adds: "Don't worry folks, anyone who bought a copy early is okay. In general, if you got a receipt, play away. These are illegit copies were hitting."
No Xbox Live for you, naughty pirates.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III