Pirates get Xbox Live bans
Those having acquired slippery, early code for games like Borderlands and Forza 3 are seemingly in trouble, those caught playing pirated copies online facing Xbox Live bans from Microsoft.
"You know, when you play a pre-release title on Live when I know you shouldn't have it, it's not hard for me to figure out," Xbox Live Director of Policy and Enforcement Stephen Toulouse told Twitter, with bans confirmed.
On the subject of games bought early at retail, the director adds: "Don't worry folks, anyone who bought a copy early is okay. In general, if you got a receipt, play away. These are illegit copies were hitting."
No Xbox Live for you, naughty pirates.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi