BioWare deny Mass Effect 2 PS3 plans
Speaking after he appeared to inadvertently confirm the existence of a PS3 version of Mass Effect 2, community manager Jay Watamaniuk took to the web to clarify his statement.
"Hi folks. There is a report circulating today based on an appearance I made in Poland yesterday. Seems there was a misunderstanding about ME2 coming to PS3," Watamaniuk told the BioWare forums.
"Let me clarify today: ME2 is coming to PC and X360 only. Look for them both on Jan 26 in NA and Jan 29 in Europe. Sorry for the confusion."
The manager had previously been caught out while talking to the industry, mooting a PS3 version before apparently trying to backtrack.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network