AMD to power new Xbox console?
We've already heard rumour that Nvidia could be helping out with the graphical hardware behind the next Nintendo DS, and today we hear talk that AMD could be lined up to power the next iteration of the Xbox console.
According to Fuzilla, AMD and ATI might have been enlisted to provide the GPU for the secret system.
The current GPU hardware in the Xbox 360 is also made by this pair of firms, so if they have been enlisted once again this wouldn't exactly be a surprise.
A release in 2012 is rumoured to be on the cards, while a 2010 release is said to have been pushed back owing to the global economic crisis.
This could all be nonsense, of course. We'll let you know, either way.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016