AMD to power new Xbox console?
We've already heard rumour that Nvidia could be helping out with the graphical hardware behind the next Nintendo DS, and today we hear talk that AMD could be lined up to power the next iteration of the Xbox console.
According to Fuzilla, AMD and ATI might have been enlisted to provide the GPU for the secret system.
The current GPU hardware in the Xbox 360 is also made by this pair of firms, so if they have been enlisted once again this wouldn't exactly be a surprise.
A release in 2012 is rumoured to be on the cards, while a 2010 release is said to have been pushed back owing to the global economic crisis.
This could all be nonsense, of course. We'll let you know, either way.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer