AMD to power new Xbox console?
We've already heard rumour that Nvidia could be helping out with the graphical hardware behind the next Nintendo DS, and today we hear talk that AMD could be lined up to power the next iteration of the Xbox console.
According to Fuzilla, AMD and ATI might have been enlisted to provide the GPU for the secret system.
The current GPU hardware in the Xbox 360 is also made by this pair of firms, so if they have been enlisted once again this wouldn't exactly be a surprise.
A release in 2012 is rumoured to be on the cards, while a 2010 release is said to have been pushed back owing to the global economic crisis.
This could all be nonsense, of course. We'll let you know, either way.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side