AMD to power new Xbox console?
We've already heard rumour that Nvidia could be helping out with the graphical hardware behind the next Nintendo DS, and today we hear talk that AMD could be lined up to power the next iteration of the Xbox console.
According to Fuzilla, AMD and ATI might have been enlisted to provide the GPU for the secret system.
The current GPU hardware in the Xbox 360 is also made by this pair of firms, so if they have been enlisted once again this wouldn't exactly be a surprise.
A release in 2012 is rumoured to be on the cards, while a 2010 release is said to have been pushed back owing to the global economic crisis.
This could all be nonsense, of course. We'll let you know, either way.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto