AMD to power new Xbox console?
We've already heard rumour that Nvidia could be helping out with the graphical hardware behind the next Nintendo DS, and today we hear talk that AMD could be lined up to power the next iteration of the Xbox console.
According to Fuzilla, AMD and ATI might have been enlisted to provide the GPU for the secret system.
The current GPU hardware in the Xbox 360 is also made by this pair of firms, so if they have been enlisted once again this wouldn't exactly be a surprise.
A release in 2012 is rumoured to be on the cards, while a 2010 release is said to have been pushed back owing to the global economic crisis.
This could all be nonsense, of course. We'll let you know, either way.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3