Newell enthused by Valve community role
Gabe Newell believes Valve really are at the heart of the gaming community, the boss talking up the firm's central positioning from Australia - where he was flown in order to meet with one game modder.
"We recognize that we really are part of this community. We talk about it a lot, that we're not up here and the community's down here, and the games snowflake in. We really are part of it," enthused the big cheese.
Newell was flown to Australia after joking that he'd go if fans could raise the money for his airfare. They did, and he went, donating the moolah to charity in the process.
"It was pretty clear that this was one of those things that the community fell in love with the idea. They wanted us to come down here and meet with Joe and give him feedback. And in our experience, it's been very bad idea when we get such a clear signal from PC gaming community, if we ignore it," Newell added. Thanks Kotaku.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer