Id veterans become co-owners
Id Software co-owners John and Adrian Carmack as well Kevin Cloud, have revealed the promotion of CEO Todd Hollenshead and lead designer Tim Willits to co-owner status at the Dallas-based Doom developer.
The company shares were a recognition of the pair's long-serving efforts for the developer, widely regarded as the leader in the FPS genre. Both have been at Id since the mid-nineties and have contributed vastly to the company's on-going success, making this promotion a fitting tribute.
A statement on the official site read simply: "Everyone at id would like to thank Todd and Tim for their years of dedication and congratulate them on their latest accomplishment."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III