Id veterans become co-owners
Id Software co-owners John and Adrian Carmack as well Kevin Cloud, have revealed the promotion of CEO Todd Hollenshead and lead designer Tim Willits to co-owner status at the Dallas-based Doom developer.
The company shares were a recognition of the pair's long-serving efforts for the developer, widely regarded as the leader in the FPS genre. Both have been at Id since the mid-nineties and have contributed vastly to the company's on-going success, making this promotion a fitting tribute.
A statement on the official site read simply: "Everyone at id would like to thank Todd and Tim for their years of dedication and congratulate them on their latest accomplishment."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update