Id veterans become co-owners
Id Software co-owners John and Adrian Carmack as well Kevin Cloud, have revealed the promotion of CEO Todd Hollenshead and lead designer Tim Willits to co-owner status at the Dallas-based Doom developer.
The company shares were a recognition of the pair's long-serving efforts for the developer, widely regarded as the leader in the FPS genre. Both have been at Id since the mid-nineties and have contributed vastly to the company's on-going success, making this promotion a fitting tribute.
A statement on the official site read simply: "Everyone at id would like to thank Todd and Tim for their years of dedication and congratulate them on their latest accomplishment."
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching