Id veterans become co-owners
Id Software co-owners John and Adrian Carmack as well Kevin Cloud, have revealed the promotion of CEO Todd Hollenshead and lead designer Tim Willits to co-owner status at the Dallas-based Doom developer.
The company shares were a recognition of the pair's long-serving efforts for the developer, widely regarded as the leader in the FPS genre. Both have been at Id since the mid-nineties and have contributed vastly to the company's on-going success, making this promotion a fitting tribute.
A statement on the official site read simply: "Everyone at id would like to thank Todd and Tim for their years of dedication and congratulate them on their latest accomplishment."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title