Id veterans become co-owners
Id Software co-owners John and Adrian Carmack as well Kevin Cloud, have revealed the promotion of CEO Todd Hollenshead and lead designer Tim Willits to co-owner status at the Dallas-based Doom developer.
The company shares were a recognition of the pair's long-serving efforts for the developer, widely regarded as the leader in the FPS genre. Both have been at Id since the mid-nineties and have contributed vastly to the company's on-going success, making this promotion a fitting tribute.
A statement on the official site read simply: "Everyone at id would like to thank Todd and Tim for their years of dedication and congratulate them on their latest accomplishment."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch