Developer dismisses App Store DLC
Digital content on the PS3 and Xbox 360 may be all about DLC; content added to games post-launch, but Mecho Wars creator Luc Bernard says the same approach shouldn't be taken with games on the iPhone.
Bernard believes that games sold via the App Store are so cheap that making players pay for additional content is, in a way, 'cheating'.
"We could have made the online portion of the game an in-app micro transaction but I think that would be raping the customer," PocketGamer were told by the developer.
"I honestly don't believe in paid-for DLC on the App Store. Most of the top games are 99 cents games so the average iPhone customer is obviously not willing to spend a lot of cash on games. To be honest, I would rather have a fresh new experience than loads of additional content."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light