First WoW tour coming end of January
Notices on the official forums state that the beta sign-ups for World of Warcraft will begin at the end of this month. Those of you wanting to have a sanctioned early look at this most eagerly awaited of MMORPGs are advised to visit the site at least once a day from the last week in January to help ensure that you get your name submitted before the gate slams shut. Currently undergoing an internal alpha testing phase it appears that this alpha code was released to some external testers, at least one of whom subsequently posted the code on the net for anyone to download.
This has had no impact on the timing of the beta process however, strange when you consider that the main reason given for Half-Life 2's delay was that the net code would have been compromised and needed changing before the game could get a release. Stranger still when you realise how relatively unimportant this code is to HL2 compared with WoW. Anyway, keep an eye on www.blizzard.com if you want to zub-zub online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year