New FPS coming from Crytek UK
TimeSplitters creators Crytek UK (once know as Free Radical) are said to be working on a brand new first-person shooter, that will mark the start of a new IP.
The Nottingham-based developer was saved from the financial brink by a Crytek take-over earlier this year, and the firm's talents are once again being put to good use in the FPS genre for which both studios are famous.
"We are currently concepting up an original IP that we hope will become a defining game series for the UK studio," enthused local boss Karl Hilton speaking to Develop.
"However, in reality, the opportunity to make any kind of original FPS genre game where we get to focus on the quality of both the multiplayer and single player experience is what drives people at the studio.
"We have a strong history of creativity here, and we want to take that forward with Crytek and the CryENGINE 3."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year