New FPS coming from Crytek UK
TimeSplitters creators Crytek UK (once know as Free Radical) are said to be working on a brand new first-person shooter, that will mark the start of a new IP.
The Nottingham-based developer was saved from the financial brink by a Crytek take-over earlier this year, and the firm's talents are once again being put to good use in the FPS genre for which both studios are famous.
"We are currently concepting up an original IP that we hope will become a defining game series for the UK studio," enthused local boss Karl Hilton speaking to Develop.
"However, in reality, the opportunity to make any kind of original FPS genre game where we get to focus on the quality of both the multiplayer and single player experience is what drives people at the studio.
"We have a strong history of creativity here, and we want to take that forward with Crytek and the CryENGINE 3."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015