New FPS coming from Crytek UK
TimeSplitters creators Crytek UK (once know as Free Radical) are said to be working on a brand new first-person shooter, that will mark the start of a new IP.
The Nottingham-based developer was saved from the financial brink by a Crytek take-over earlier this year, and the firm's talents are once again being put to good use in the FPS genre for which both studios are famous.
"We are currently concepting up an original IP that we hope will become a defining game series for the UK studio," enthused local boss Karl Hilton speaking to Develop.
"However, in reality, the opportunity to make any kind of original FPS genre game where we get to focus on the quality of both the multiplayer and single player experience is what drives people at the studio.
"We have a strong history of creativity here, and we want to take that forward with Crytek and the CryENGINE 3."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny