New FPS coming from Crytek UK
TimeSplitters creators Crytek UK (once know as Free Radical) are said to be working on a brand new first-person shooter, that will mark the start of a new IP.
The Nottingham-based developer was saved from the financial brink by a Crytek take-over earlier this year, and the firm's talents are once again being put to good use in the FPS genre for which both studios are famous.
"We are currently concepting up an original IP that we hope will become a defining game series for the UK studio," enthused local boss Karl Hilton speaking to Develop.
"However, in reality, the opportunity to make any kind of original FPS genre game where we get to focus on the quality of both the multiplayer and single player experience is what drives people at the studio.
"We have a strong history of creativity here, and we want to take that forward with Crytek and the CryENGINE 3."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date