Level-5 dismiss Professor Layton Wii plan
Speaking to the Official Nintendo Magazine this week, Level-5 boss Akihiro Hino has revealed that the firm has no plans to release a Professor Layton game on the Wii - despite the title's DS success.
A Wii version has been rumoured for some time, with some critics seeing the move as inevitable.
"This trilogy comes to a conclusion with Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel, but we will be releasing the first title of the new trilogy, Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny in Japan," Hino-san explained.
"We currently have no plans for a Wii release."
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching