Will Wright's studio plots three titles
Speaking to VentureBeat this week, veteran Maxis game developer Will Wright has said that three games are in the works at his Stupid Fun Club developer.
"Right now we are pursuing three pretty aggressively. We might get up to four or five. I want to stay pretty focused. We have a lot of ideas that we want to do. But it's just three now," Wright beams.
He adds that the first title from the new firm might emerge next year, and could be "commercialised in six months to a year."
The Stupid Fun Club was launched back in April, and is described as an "entertainment think tank."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3