Will Wright's studio plots three titles
Speaking to VentureBeat this week, veteran Maxis game developer Will Wright has said that three games are in the works at his Stupid Fun Club developer.
"Right now we are pursuing three pretty aggressively. We might get up to four or five. I want to stay pretty focused. We have a lot of ideas that we want to do. But it's just three now," Wright beams.
He adds that the first title from the new firm might emerge next year, and could be "commercialised in six months to a year."
The Stupid Fun Club was launched back in April, and is described as an "entertainment think tank."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One