Venezuela banning violent video games
South American nation Venezuela has said it is currently formulating a ban on violent video games and toys, with legislation due in mere weeks according to the Associated Press.
The country has a growing social problem in the form of violent crime, and critics of the Chavez regime claim he is instigating this ban in order to cover up for the government's inability to deal with the wider issue.
While doubters may describe the move as a PR stunt, then, parents groups are said to be pleased with the new laws which the government will hope can boost their standing in opinion polls.
We'll have more soon. Thanks VG247.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date