Venezuela banning violent video games
South American nation Venezuela has said it is currently formulating a ban on violent video games and toys, with legislation due in mere weeks according to the Associated Press.
The country has a growing social problem in the form of violent crime, and critics of the Chavez regime claim he is instigating this ban in order to cover up for the government's inability to deal with the wider issue.
While doubters may describe the move as a PR stunt, then, parents groups are said to be pleased with the new laws which the government will hope can boost their standing in opinion polls.
We'll have more soon. Thanks VG247.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey