Venezuela banning violent video games
South American nation Venezuela has said it is currently formulating a ban on violent video games and toys, with legislation due in mere weeks according to the Associated Press.
The country has a growing social problem in the form of violent crime, and critics of the Chavez regime claim he is instigating this ban in order to cover up for the government's inability to deal with the wider issue.
While doubters may describe the move as a PR stunt, then, parents groups are said to be pleased with the new laws which the government will hope can boost their standing in opinion polls.
We'll have more soon. Thanks VG247.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light