PS3 wand controller to be called Sphere?
Word on the blog circuit this afternoon has it that the PS3 motion controller (or is that the 'wand controller'?) will be called Sphere at launch, after the title surfaced as a code-name for the system.
Sega game maker Yasuhito Baba referred to the system as the Sphere in an interview with Joystiq over the Tokyo Game Show late last month.
Apparently, the title is a rather secret code-name, as even Sony representatives have denied all knowledge of the name when pressed by online media.
So, Sphere or not, we're unsure - however it's certainly catchier than 'wand controller'. Watch this space.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year