PS3 wand controller to be called Sphere?
Word on the blog circuit this afternoon has it that the PS3 motion controller (or is that the 'wand controller'?) will be called Sphere at launch, after the title surfaced as a code-name for the system.
Sega game maker Yasuhito Baba referred to the system as the Sphere in an interview with Joystiq over the Tokyo Game Show late last month.
Apparently, the title is a rather secret code-name, as even Sony representatives have denied all knowledge of the name when pressed by online media.
So, Sphere or not, we're unsure - however it's certainly catchier than 'wand controller'. Watch this space.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet