PS3 wand controller to be called Sphere?
Word on the blog circuit this afternoon has it that the PS3 motion controller (or is that the 'wand controller'?) will be called Sphere at launch, after the title surfaced as a code-name for the system.
Sega game maker Yasuhito Baba referred to the system as the Sphere in an interview with Joystiq over the Tokyo Game Show late last month.
Apparently, the title is a rather secret code-name, as even Sony representatives have denied all knowledge of the name when pressed by online media.
So, Sphere or not, we're unsure - however it's certainly catchier than 'wand controller'. Watch this space.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone