PS3 wand controller to be called Sphere?
Word on the blog circuit this afternoon has it that the PS3 motion controller (or is that the 'wand controller'?) will be called Sphere at launch, after the title surfaced as a code-name for the system.
Sega game maker Yasuhito Baba referred to the system as the Sphere in an interview with Joystiq over the Tokyo Game Show late last month.
Apparently, the title is a rather secret code-name, as even Sony representatives have denied all knowledge of the name when pressed by online media.
So, Sphere or not, we're unsure - however it's certainly catchier than 'wand controller'. Watch this space.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing