Spore film coming from EA and Fox
20th Century Fox and EA this afternoon let rip news on a new partnership that will see a CG flick created based on Spore.
The new animation is revealed by Variety, with Ice Age man Chris Wedge set to direct - alongside scriptwriters Greg Erb and Jason Oremland.
Ice Age studio Blue Sky are behind the new movie, while EA will part-produce this big name production.
"From every perspective - visually, thematically and comedically - the world of Spore provides the potential to put something truly original on the screen," says Wedge.
"With more than 100 million unique creatures uploaded to our website, it's clear that people are passionate about the game, and it will be exciting to offer a powerful medium like film in order to expand their experience with Spore."
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release