Spore film coming from EA and Fox
20th Century Fox and EA this afternoon let rip news on a new partnership that will see a CG flick created based on Spore.
The new animation is revealed by Variety, with Ice Age man Chris Wedge set to direct - alongside scriptwriters Greg Erb and Jason Oremland.
Ice Age studio Blue Sky are behind the new movie, while EA will part-produce this big name production.
"From every perspective - visually, thematically and comedically - the world of Spore provides the potential to put something truly original on the screen," says Wedge.
"With more than 100 million unique creatures uploaded to our website, it's clear that people are passionate about the game, and it will be exciting to offer a powerful medium like film in order to expand their experience with Spore."
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine