Spore film coming from EA and Fox
20th Century Fox and EA this afternoon let rip news on a new partnership that will see a CG flick created based on Spore.
The new animation is revealed by Variety, with Ice Age man Chris Wedge set to direct - alongside scriptwriters Greg Erb and Jason Oremland.
Ice Age studio Blue Sky are behind the new movie, while EA will part-produce this big name production.
"From every perspective - visually, thematically and comedically - the world of Spore provides the potential to put something truly original on the screen," says Wedge.
"With more than 100 million unique creatures uploaded to our website, it's clear that people are passionate about the game, and it will be exciting to offer a powerful medium like film in order to expand their experience with Spore."
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free