Spore film coming from EA and Fox
20th Century Fox and EA this afternoon let rip news on a new partnership that will see a CG flick created based on Spore.
The new animation is revealed by Variety, with Ice Age man Chris Wedge set to direct - alongside scriptwriters Greg Erb and Jason Oremland.
Ice Age studio Blue Sky are behind the new movie, while EA will part-produce this big name production.
"From every perspective - visually, thematically and comedically - the world of Spore provides the potential to put something truly original on the screen," says Wedge.
"With more than 100 million unique creatures uploaded to our website, it's clear that people are passionate about the game, and it will be exciting to offer a powerful medium like film in order to expand their experience with Spore."
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network