Spore film coming from EA and Fox
20th Century Fox and EA this afternoon let rip news on a new partnership that will see a CG flick created based on Spore.
The new animation is revealed by Variety, with Ice Age man Chris Wedge set to direct - alongside scriptwriters Greg Erb and Jason Oremland.
Ice Age studio Blue Sky are behind the new movie, while EA will part-produce this big name production.
"From every perspective - visually, thematically and comedically - the world of Spore provides the potential to put something truly original on the screen," says Wedge.
"With more than 100 million unique creatures uploaded to our website, it's clear that people are passionate about the game, and it will be exciting to offer a powerful medium like film in order to expand their experience with Spore."
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC