God of War 3 could have become an FPS
Word has it that God of War 3 could have been turned into a first-person shooter, according to word from Sony this afternoon.
According to a new interview with the CGSociety, Sony art director Ken Fieldman lobbied for the game to be made into an FPS, but was eventually knocked back by director Stig Asmussen.
"I tried unsuccessfully to convince [Director] Stig to make'God of War III' a first-person shooter," Fieldman confirms.
"Kratos could have some truly badass huge weapons that rip gods to shreds. Unfortunately he didn't see the genius in the idea."
God of War 3 will land in March of next year.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though