God of War 3 could have become an FPS
Word has it that God of War 3 could have been turned into a first-person shooter, according to word from Sony this afternoon.
According to a new interview with the CGSociety, Sony art director Ken Fieldman lobbied for the game to be made into an FPS, but was eventually knocked back by director Stig Asmussen.
"I tried unsuccessfully to convince [Director] Stig to make'God of War III' a first-person shooter," Fieldman confirms.
"Kratos could have some truly badass huge weapons that rip gods to shreds. Unfortunately he didn't see the genius in the idea."
God of War 3 will land in March of next year.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive