God of War 3 could have become an FPS
Word has it that God of War 3 could have been turned into a first-person shooter, according to word from Sony this afternoon.
According to a new interview with the CGSociety, Sony art director Ken Fieldman lobbied for the game to be made into an FPS, but was eventually knocked back by director Stig Asmussen.
"I tried unsuccessfully to convince [Director] Stig to make'God of War III' a first-person shooter," Fieldman confirms.
"Kratos could have some truly badass huge weapons that rip gods to shreds. Unfortunately he didn't see the genius in the idea."
God of War 3 will land in March of next year.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year