God of War 3 could have become an FPS
Word has it that God of War 3 could have been turned into a first-person shooter, according to word from Sony this afternoon.
According to a new interview with the CGSociety, Sony art director Ken Fieldman lobbied for the game to be made into an FPS, but was eventually knocked back by director Stig Asmussen.
"I tried unsuccessfully to convince [Director] Stig to make'God of War III' a first-person shooter," Fieldman confirms.
"Kratos could have some truly badass huge weapons that rip gods to shreds. Unfortunately he didn't see the genius in the idea."
God of War 3 will land in March of next year.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title