God of War 3 could have become an FPS
Word has it that God of War 3 could have been turned into a first-person shooter, according to word from Sony this afternoon.
According to a new interview with the CGSociety, Sony art director Ken Fieldman lobbied for the game to be made into an FPS, but was eventually knocked back by director Stig Asmussen.
"I tried unsuccessfully to convince [Director] Stig to make'God of War III' a first-person shooter," Fieldman confirms.
"Kratos could have some truly badass huge weapons that rip gods to shreds. Unfortunately he didn't see the genius in the idea."
God of War 3 will land in March of next year.
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam