Gabe Newell off to Australia for MOD viewing
Despite Australia having effectively banned Left 4 Dead 2, Valve boss man Gabe Newell is off down-under, the local game community having rallied around designer Joe W-A. The community raised some 3,000 dollars to pay for Newell's trip to check out Joe's MOD.
"The power of the gaming community and their ability to rally around a cause - be it serious or fun in nature - is amazing. In 2003, the community helped the FBI and European law enforcement officials find the people who stole the Half-Life 2 source code. This year, the community is putting me on a plane to the other side of the world to meet Joe W-A and see his MOD," Newell enthused.
"It's going to be a fun trip."
Newell is off to Sydney next week, while the money raised will be donated to charity.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year
- Valve reworks their Steam Early Access developer guidelines and rules