Gabe Newell off to Australia for MOD viewing
Despite Australia having effectively banned Left 4 Dead 2, Valve boss man Gabe Newell is off down-under, the local game community having rallied around designer Joe W-A. The community raised some 3,000 dollars to pay for Newell's trip to check out Joe's MOD.
"The power of the gaming community and their ability to rally around a cause - be it serious or fun in nature - is amazing. In 2003, the community helped the FBI and European law enforcement officials find the people who stole the Half-Life 2 source code. This year, the community is putting me on a plane to the other side of the world to meet Joe W-A and see his MOD," Newell enthused.
"It's going to be a fun trip."
Newell is off to Sydney next week, while the money raised will be donated to charity.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3