Gabe Newell off to Australia for MOD viewing
Despite Australia having effectively banned Left 4 Dead 2, Valve boss man Gabe Newell is off down-under, the local game community having rallied around designer Joe W-A. The community raised some 3,000 dollars to pay for Newell's trip to check out Joe's MOD.
"The power of the gaming community and their ability to rally around a cause - be it serious or fun in nature - is amazing. In 2003, the community helped the FBI and European law enforcement officials find the people who stole the Half-Life 2 source code. This year, the community is putting me on a plane to the other side of the world to meet Joe W-A and see his MOD," Newell enthused.
"It's going to be a fun trip."
Newell is off to Sydney next week, while the money raised will be donated to charity.
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times