Gabe Newell off to Australia for MOD viewing
Despite Australia having effectively banned Left 4 Dead 2, Valve boss man Gabe Newell is off down-under, the local game community having rallied around designer Joe W-A. The community raised some 3,000 dollars to pay for Newell's trip to check out Joe's MOD.
"The power of the gaming community and their ability to rally around a cause - be it serious or fun in nature - is amazing. In 2003, the community helped the FBI and European law enforcement officials find the people who stole the Half-Life 2 source code. This year, the community is putting me on a plane to the other side of the world to meet Joe W-A and see his MOD," Newell enthused.
"It's going to be a fun trip."
Newell is off to Sydney next week, while the money raised will be donated to charity.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below