LostWinds maker unimpressed by iPhone games
David Braben, the mastermind behind classic sim Elite and puzzler LostWinds, has said that the iPhone's App Store is full of 'rubbish' games.
The veteran designer says Apple should be more picky about the titles given App Store approval, and that this will make it easier for the 'good' games to gain exposure on the burgeoning format.
"There's a little bit of a 'gate keeper' thing with Nintendo which raises the bar very slightly because you've got to have dev kits, but that's a good thing. Look at iPhone; there are so many games that aren't up to scratch, without being too negative about it. It's very hard to find the good stuff amongst the rubbish," Braben told CVG.
"Another thing I resent is applications or games that are designed to look like something else that's been successful and people accidentally buy them, or they're slightly cheaper and they assume they're getting a cheaper version or the same thing."
More iPhone news soon.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey