Molyneux speaks out against game demos
Lionhead boss and game design veteran Peter Molyneux isn't a fan of demos, we learn today, the executive describing game snippets as the 'death knell of experiences'.
Instead, Molyneux believes gaming firms should give away the opening chunks of the their games in order to lure players - an approach Lionhead are taking in offering the first episodic part of Fable II for free on Xbox Live.
"I hate demos. I think demos are the death knell of experiences," he revealed to Edge.
"Over the years I've done demos and they've either completely ruined the game, given too much to the player, or they've confused people, so I said that we should give away the very first 45 minutes of the game, completely free."
Fable II episode I is online now.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today