Molyneux speaks out against game demos
Lionhead boss and game design veteran Peter Molyneux isn't a fan of demos, we learn today, the executive describing game snippets as the 'death knell of experiences'.
Instead, Molyneux believes gaming firms should give away the opening chunks of the their games in order to lure players - an approach Lionhead are taking in offering the first episodic part of Fable II for free on Xbox Live.
"I hate demos. I think demos are the death knell of experiences," he revealed to Edge.
"Over the years I've done demos and they've either completely ruined the game, given too much to the player, or they've confused people, so I said that we should give away the very first 45 minutes of the game, completely free."
Fable II episode I is online now.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone