Molyneux speaks out against game demos
Lionhead boss and game design veteran Peter Molyneux isn't a fan of demos, we learn today, the executive describing game snippets as the 'death knell of experiences'.
Instead, Molyneux believes gaming firms should give away the opening chunks of the their games in order to lure players - an approach Lionhead are taking in offering the first episodic part of Fable II for free on Xbox Live.
"I hate demos. I think demos are the death knell of experiences," he revealed to Edge.
"Over the years I've done demos and they've either completely ruined the game, given too much to the player, or they've confused people, so I said that we should give away the very first 45 minutes of the game, completely free."
Fable II episode I is online now.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III