Molyneux speaks out against game demos
Lionhead boss and game design veteran Peter Molyneux isn't a fan of demos, we learn today, the executive describing game snippets as the 'death knell of experiences'.
Instead, Molyneux believes gaming firms should give away the opening chunks of the their games in order to lure players - an approach Lionhead are taking in offering the first episodic part of Fable II for free on Xbox Live.
"I hate demos. I think demos are the death knell of experiences," he revealed to Edge.
"Over the years I've done demos and they've either completely ruined the game, given too much to the player, or they've confused people, so I said that we should give away the very first 45 minutes of the game, completely free."
Fable II episode I is online now.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016