New Dragon Quest racks up giant sales in Japan
According to word in from VG247 today, the recently released Dragon Quest IX is already one of the top-selling games ever in Japan, the DS RPG slipping inside the top 15 highest-selling list.
A new list has been published this week, we hear, and it details the nation's top fifty sellers, going way back to the days of the NES.
Dragon Quest IX apparently stands at thirteenth on the list, with 3.8 million in sales to date.
Apparently various hues of Pokemon stand at the very top of the chart, while Final Fantasy VII, Tetris, Animal Crossing, Brain Age 2 and Super Mario Bros also rank highly.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year