New Dragon Quest racks up giant sales in Japan
According to word in from VG247 today, the recently released Dragon Quest IX is already one of the top-selling games ever in Japan, the DS RPG slipping inside the top 15 highest-selling list.
A new list has been published this week, we hear, and it details the nation's top fifty sellers, going way back to the days of the NES.
Dragon Quest IX apparently stands at thirteenth on the list, with 3.8 million in sales to date.
Apparently various hues of Pokemon stand at the very top of the chart, while Final Fantasy VII, Tetris, Animal Crossing, Brain Age 2 and Super Mario Bros also rank highly.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive