New Dragon Quest racks up giant sales in Japan
According to word in from VG247 today, the recently released Dragon Quest IX is already one of the top-selling games ever in Japan, the DS RPG slipping inside the top 15 highest-selling list.
A new list has been published this week, we hear, and it details the nation's top fifty sellers, going way back to the days of the NES.
Dragon Quest IX apparently stands at thirteenth on the list, with 3.8 million in sales to date.
Apparently various hues of Pokemon stand at the very top of the chart, while Final Fantasy VII, Tetris, Animal Crossing, Brain Age 2 and Super Mario Bros also rank highly.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO