New Dragon Quest racks up giant sales in Japan
According to word in from VG247 today, the recently released Dragon Quest IX is already one of the top-selling games ever in Japan, the DS RPG slipping inside the top 15 highest-selling list.
A new list has been published this week, we hear, and it details the nation's top fifty sellers, going way back to the days of the NES.
Dragon Quest IX apparently stands at thirteenth on the list, with 3.8 million in sales to date.
Apparently various hues of Pokemon stand at the very top of the chart, while Final Fantasy VII, Tetris, Animal Crossing, Brain Age 2 and Super Mario Bros also rank highly.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes