Custom servers being considered by Mojang for Minecraft on Xbox One
Mojang has revealed that they are looking into ading support for custom player-owned servers for the Xbox One version of Minecraft.
So far only the PC version has had the option for players to set up their own custom servers due to the walled-garden nature of Xbox Live and PSN up to this point. Mojang's Daniel Kaplan has revealed that they might be able to influence a change in that though.
He stated, "On the Xbox servers? We are looking into different solutions, however we don't know when it will work. A lot of people would enjoy that and we have got a lot of questions about it. It would be similar to what we're doing on the PC."
Minecraft is due to be released on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One some time in the next two months.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto