Custom servers being considered by Mojang for Minecraft on Xbox One
Mojang has revealed that they are looking into ading support for custom player-owned servers for the Xbox One version of Minecraft.
So far only the PC version has had the option for players to set up their own custom servers due to the walled-garden nature of Xbox Live and PSN up to this point. Mojang's Daniel Kaplan has revealed that they might be able to influence a change in that though.
He stated, "On the Xbox servers? We are looking into different solutions, however we don't know when it will work. A lot of people would enjoy that and we have got a lot of questions about it. It would be similar to what we're doing on the PC."
Minecraft is due to be released on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One some time in the next two months.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3