Custom servers being considered by Mojang for Minecraft on Xbox One
Mojang has revealed that they are looking into ading support for custom player-owned servers for the Xbox One version of Minecraft.
So far only the PC version has had the option for players to set up their own custom servers due to the walled-garden nature of Xbox Live and PSN up to this point. Mojang's Daniel Kaplan has revealed that they might be able to influence a change in that though.
He stated, "On the Xbox servers? We are looking into different solutions, however we don't know when it will work. A lot of people would enjoy that and we have got a lot of questions about it. It would be similar to what we're doing on the PC."
Minecraft is due to be released on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One some time in the next two months.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced