Custom servers being considered by Mojang for Minecraft on Xbox One
Mojang has revealed that they are looking into ading support for custom player-owned servers for the Xbox One version of Minecraft.
So far only the PC version has had the option for players to set up their own custom servers due to the walled-garden nature of Xbox Live and PSN up to this point. Mojang's Daniel Kaplan has revealed that they might be able to influence a change in that though.
He stated, "On the Xbox servers? We are looking into different solutions, however we don't know when it will work. A lot of people would enjoy that and we have got a lot of questions about it. It would be similar to what we're doing on the PC."
Minecraft is due to be released on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One some time in the next two months.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free