Custom servers being considered by Mojang for Minecraft on Xbox One
Mojang has revealed that they are looking into ading support for custom player-owned servers for the Xbox One version of Minecraft.
So far only the PC version has had the option for players to set up their own custom servers due to the walled-garden nature of Xbox Live and PSN up to this point. Mojang's Daniel Kaplan has revealed that they might be able to influence a change in that though.
He stated, "On the Xbox servers? We are looking into different solutions, however we don't know when it will work. A lot of people would enjoy that and we have got a lot of questions about it. It would be similar to what we're doing on the PC."
Minecraft is due to be released on PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One some time in the next two months.
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April