Borderlands to get big release on Steam
The PC version of Gearbox's ambitious action-RPG Borderlands will be getting a major release on Valve's Steam content delivery service.
Apparently, the cel-shaded title will have a couple of exclusive features in downloadable form, allowing players to export equipment cards as standard JPG image files.
The Timedemo benchmarking software will also be bundled in with the game on Steam - the online platform rapidly becoming a hugely popular way for games firms to reach consumers directly, negating those pesky retailers.
Borderlands will hit consoles on October 23rd, and the PC in boxed form on October 30th. It is unclear when the game will reach Steam, yet.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO