Borderlands to get big release on Steam
The PC version of Gearbox's ambitious action-RPG Borderlands will be getting a major release on Valve's Steam content delivery service.
Apparently, the cel-shaded title will have a couple of exclusive features in downloadable form, allowing players to export equipment cards as standard JPG image files.
The Timedemo benchmarking software will also be bundled in with the game on Steam - the online platform rapidly becoming a hugely popular way for games firms to reach consumers directly, negating those pesky retailers.
Borderlands will hit consoles on October 23rd, and the PC in boxed form on October 30th. It is unclear when the game will reach Steam, yet.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims