Borderlands to get big release on Steam
The PC version of Gearbox's ambitious action-RPG Borderlands will be getting a major release on Valve's Steam content delivery service.
Apparently, the cel-shaded title will have a couple of exclusive features in downloadable form, allowing players to export equipment cards as standard JPG image files.
The Timedemo benchmarking software will also be bundled in with the game on Steam - the online platform rapidly becoming a hugely popular way for games firms to reach consumers directly, negating those pesky retailers.
Borderlands will hit consoles on October 23rd, and the PC in boxed form on October 30th. It is unclear when the game will reach Steam, yet.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter