Borderlands to get big release on Steam
The PC version of Gearbox's ambitious action-RPG Borderlands will be getting a major release on Valve's Steam content delivery service.
Apparently, the cel-shaded title will have a couple of exclusive features in downloadable form, allowing players to export equipment cards as standard JPG image files.
The Timedemo benchmarking software will also be bundled in with the game on Steam - the online platform rapidly becoming a hugely popular way for games firms to reach consumers directly, negating those pesky retailers.
Borderlands will hit consoles on October 23rd, and the PC in boxed form on October 30th. It is unclear when the game will reach Steam, yet.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015