Square and PopCap team up for new RPG
Yet more headline-grabbing news out of the Tokyo Game Show this morning, word reaching us of an unusual deal that will see casual-masters PopCap teaming up with Japanese RPG experts Square Enix for a new game.
A puzzle-focussed RPG called Gyromancer will be the fruit of this partnership, and we hear it'll be released on the PC as well as the Xbox Live Arcade.
Part of Gyromancer's gameplay will be taken from PopCap stalwart Bejeweled Twist, while the lead character will be a mage tasked with tackling some 10 stages and over 50 monstrous foes.
No release date has been offered, but both companies are clearly hopefully they have a hit on their hands; PopCap presumably keen to increase their presence in the Japanese games market.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter