PSP set to get Home
Yet more news continues to filter through from Sony's Tokyo Game Show press event this afternoon, word reaching us that the PSN's Home social-networking world is set for a release on the PSP handheld.
A cut-down version of the virtual world is earmarked for Sony's resurgent handheld, the platform holder presumably building up excitement around the device ahead of the PSP Go's arrival on October 1st.
The new portable version of Home will include blogs, photo albums, chat, games and live social networking. It is unclear whether the trademark 3D world will make the transition in any form, however.
On the PSP, Home will be called PlayStation Room, and it will be added via a firmware update this winter - launching directly from the XMB. Thanks VG247.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer