PSP set to get Home
Yet more news continues to filter through from Sony's Tokyo Game Show press event this afternoon, word reaching us that the PSN's Home social-networking world is set for a release on the PSP handheld.
A cut-down version of the virtual world is earmarked for Sony's resurgent handheld, the platform holder presumably building up excitement around the device ahead of the PSP Go's arrival on October 1st.
The new portable version of Home will include blogs, photo albums, chat, games and live social networking. It is unclear whether the trademark 3D world will make the transition in any form, however.
On the PSP, Home will be called PlayStation Room, and it will be added via a firmware update this winter - launching directly from the XMB. Thanks VG247.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title