PSP set to get Home
Yet more news continues to filter through from Sony's Tokyo Game Show press event this afternoon, word reaching us that the PSN's Home social-networking world is set for a release on the PSP handheld.
A cut-down version of the virtual world is earmarked for Sony's resurgent handheld, the platform holder presumably building up excitement around the device ahead of the PSP Go's arrival on October 1st.
The new portable version of Home will include blogs, photo albums, chat, games and live social networking. It is unclear whether the trademark 3D world will make the transition in any form, however.
On the PSP, Home will be called PlayStation Room, and it will be added via a firmware update this winter - launching directly from the XMB. Thanks VG247.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users