Natal version of Guitar Hero likely
Activision boss Bobby Kotick has already said that Guitar Hero will one day work without the need for consoles, and now RedOctane chief Kai Huang has said the series may ditch the guitar peripheral itself in favour of a Natal-powered version.
"We've definitely been evaluating Microsoft's Natal technology along with a lot of other different technologies that could enhance the Guitar Hero playing experience," Huang told Digital Spy.
"Natal is very interesting because there's so many different things you can do with it, whether it's the motion detecting, maybe sensing how you're playing, or the ability to use it for interactivity purposes and taking advantage of it for party purposes..."
The exec went on to say a Natal version is likely, RedOctane and Activision both clearly eying the growth of the series beyond its current traditions.
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year