Natal version of Guitar Hero likely
Activision boss Bobby Kotick has already said that Guitar Hero will one day work without the need for consoles, and now RedOctane chief Kai Huang has said the series may ditch the guitar peripheral itself in favour of a Natal-powered version.
"We've definitely been evaluating Microsoft's Natal technology along with a lot of other different technologies that could enhance the Guitar Hero playing experience," Huang told Digital Spy.
"Natal is very interesting because there's so many different things you can do with it, whether it's the motion detecting, maybe sensing how you're playing, or the ability to use it for interactivity purposes and taking advantage of it for party purposes..."
The exec went on to say a Natal version is likely, RedOctane and Activision both clearly eying the growth of the series beyond its current traditions.
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door