Ex-GRIN Final Fantasy game still due?
Swedish game developer GRIN may be gone, but their long-rumoured Final Fantasy related project apparently survived the studio's collapse, publisher Square Enix having taken the game away from the firm shortly after development began.
We're still not actually sure what this spin-off title is all about, but word has it that the game is presently in the works at Square Enix, who are intent upon picking up where GRIN left-off.
Codenamed 'Fortress', the new title was apparently taken away from GRIN after only six months of development, and the loss of this project was one of the reasons behind the developer's collapse.
GRIN worked on Bionic Commando for Capcom, and their work with this old Japanese franchise perhaps inspired the ill-fated Square Enix partnership. GRIN was forced to shut up shop over the summer owing to severe cash flow issues.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO