Ex-GRIN Final Fantasy game still due?
Swedish game developer GRIN may be gone, but their long-rumoured Final Fantasy related project apparently survived the studio's collapse, publisher Square Enix having taken the game away from the firm shortly after development began.
We're still not actually sure what this spin-off title is all about, but word has it that the game is presently in the works at Square Enix, who are intent upon picking up where GRIN left-off.
Codenamed 'Fortress', the new title was apparently taken away from GRIN after only six months of development, and the loss of this project was one of the reasons behind the developer's collapse.
GRIN worked on Bionic Commando for Capcom, and their work with this old Japanese franchise perhaps inspired the ill-fated Square Enix partnership. GRIN was forced to shut up shop over the summer owing to severe cash flow issues.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer